Sunday, April 18, 2010

the next chapter in my life...

So I was born and raised in Longmeadow, Mass. I never really thought much about leaving the area until I went away to college at Westfield State College. Almost everyone I met was from the Eastern part of the state and as I would travel out to visit them throughout the years on summer and winter vacations I grew to really love that part of the state. Somewhere between Boston, Cape Cod and those cute little accents, I knew that some day I would want to move to south east Massachusetts.
Well, luckily my wish of moving out here was solidified when I met, began dating, and am now engaged to be married to Colin MacEachern, who I met at Westfield State. His job as a corrections officer at Walpole means we have to be in the eastern area when we are married, so I began looking for jobs out in the Boston area. Nearly a year after graduating with a Communications degree I finally landed a full time position at an entertainment publication company called The Boston Phoenix. My title is Traffic Coordinator so my job is to put the advertisements and the articles all together to make the actual publication. I start on Wednesday, April 21 and am excited and nervous at the same time.
Before all this happened, I was miserably working at Sears in the jewelry department. It took The Phoenix about 2 months from the first scheduled interview to finally get back to me about hiring me and by the time they did, I had to give Sears a one-week notice, and move out to Colin's father's house in Attleboro, MA all in just a few short days. I had to take my one day off to run around and cancel my gym membership, close out my bank account, etc. It was all happening so fast. Moving out east had been something I've wanted to do for many years and finding a new job was definitely something I wanted to happen ever since day one at Sears. And yet for some odd reason, something was happening with me. I was very emotional about packing up half my life and moving across the state. It was hitting me that now I am an adult and I'm doing adult things now. This is the beginning of a whole new life ahead of me. This is the beginning of my life as a 508 resident! No more 413. It was very hard for me to embrace the big change happening in my life.
Throughout the years when I dreamed of moving, I just thought about how awesome it is out in Eastern Mass and how much fun I'll have being so close to all my friends and Colin and all the other excitement that this area has to offer. I never thought that it also meant leaving the nest, and my awesome parents, and the town I grew up in and have so many memories with. So moving day was an emotional roller coaster to say the least. I cried all morning, but then I talked to Colin's sister Katie and in an instant she filled me with the feeling of excitement that I was lacking that had once been in me when I thought about moving out here.
So now it's been 24 hours and I'm all settled into my new home with my new family-in-law (well, soon to be at least...) and I feel a lot better. And if I ever get sad again, I got enough cable channels to keep my mind occupied...hehe
And so begins, the next chapter in my life...













Here are some pictures of my new room...









1 comment:

  1. Hooray for the 508 :)
    understand moving away part! I went fr 508 to 978/617...

    ReplyDelete